Job prospects Elementary School Teacher's Aide in Québec
Job opportunities for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) are good in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an elementary school teacher's aide.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be good for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants in Québec:
- Approximately 10,150 people work in this occupation.
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 38% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 62% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 17% of elementary and secondary school teacher assistants work all year, while 83% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of elementary and secondary school teacher assistants are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Good Good|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Good Good|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Good Good|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Good Good|
|Côte-Nord Region||Fair Fair|
|Estrie Region||Good Good|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Fair Fair|
|Lanaudière Region||Good Good|
|Laurentides Region||Good Good|
|Laval Region||Good Good|
|Mauricie Region||Good Good|
|Montréal Region||Good Good|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Fair Fair|
|Outaouais Region||Good Good|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: