Job prospects Elementary School Teacher's Aide in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an elementary school teacher's aide.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) in Saskatchewan for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Despite slow population growth in Saskatchewan, sustained investments in education should support job opportunities for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 4,700 people work in this occupation.
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 76% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 24% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 18% of elementary and secondary school teacher assistants work all year, while 82% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Fair Fair|
|Prince Albert Region||Fair Fair|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Fair Fair|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Good Good|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Good Good|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Good Good|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: