Job outlook Material Handler near Calgary (AB)
Job opportunities for Material handlers (NOC 7452) are fair near Calgary (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a material handler.
Job opportunities near Calgary (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Material handlers (NOC 7452) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Material handlers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 7,670 people work in this occupation.
- Material handlers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 41%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 20%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 17%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Material handlers (NOC 7452) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: