Job prospects Material Handler near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Material handlers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a material handler.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Material handlers (NOC 7452) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The region has the greatest number of manufacturing, transportation and warehousing and wholesale and retail trade establishments which supports job prospects for these workers. Toronto accounts for more than half of the workforce of this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Material handlers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 42,570 people work in this occupation.
- Material handlers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 43%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 15%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 11%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: