Job prospects Material Handler near Winnipeg (MB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Material handlers near Winnipeg (MB). These trends also apply to people working as a material handler.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Material handlers (NOC 7452) in the Winnipeg region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Material handlers in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 3,470 people work in this occupation.
- Material handlers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 33%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 18%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 17%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: