Job prospects Inspector, Machining And Tooling near London (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors near London (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an inspector, machining and tooling.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231) in the London region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The London region has some of the larger machine shops in the province. The area is also home to a sizeable transportation industry that makes motor vehicle parts, aerospace goods and defense-related products. Steadier production in these industries may help support job prospects in this trade over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors in the London region:
- Approximately 900 people work in this occupation.
- Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 24%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 23%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 17%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: