Job prospects Cabinetmaker near Kelowna (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "cabinetmaker" was moved from the group Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) to the group Cabinetmakers (NOC 72311).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Cabinetmakers" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cabinetmakers in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 320 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Cabinetmakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 46%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 16%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 10%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: