Job prospects Cabinetmaker near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cabinetmakers near Kelowna (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a cabinetmaker.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Cabinetmakers in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 320 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Cabinetmakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 60%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: