Job outlook Cabinetmaker near Toronto (ON)
The job outlook for a cabinetmaker working near Toronto (ON) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272).
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Toronto is home to the majority of furniture manufacturers in the province, including several of the largest office furniture producers. The region's growing population and active housing market should benefit local manufacturers. Further, the ongoing development of condominium projects across Toronto may boost the demand for select furniture. These factors should help support job prospects in this field over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Cabinetmakers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,200 people work in this occupation.
- Cabinetmakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 71%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 14%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 6%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: