Job prospects Roofer, Shingles near Kingston (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Roofers and shinglers near Kingston (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the Kingston - Pembroke region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Kingston - Pembroke region:
- Approximately 350 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 40%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 12%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: