Job outlook Cannery Labourer - Fish Processing near St. John's (NL)
Job opportunities for Labourers in fish and seafood processing (NOC 9618) are fair near St. John's (NL) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cannery labourer - fish processing.
Job opportunities near St. John's (NL)
The employment outlook will be fair for Labourers in fish and seafood processing (NOC 9618) in the Avalon Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Labourers in fish and seafood processing in the Avalon Peninsula region:
- Approximately 320 people work in this occupation.
- Labourers in fish and seafood processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 93%
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: