Job prospects Food Counter Attendant near Yellowknife (NT)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations near Yellowknife (NT). These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in Northwest Territories for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Northwest Territories region:
- Approximately 400 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72): 67%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 14%
- Health care and social services (NAICS 62): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: