Job prospects Food Counter Attendant near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The area attracts a fair amount of tourists each year given its proximity to the United States.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 7,330 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 81%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: