Job prospects Food Counter Attendant near Canmore (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations near Canmore (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation is expected to remain in demand; benefiting from a Canadian loonie to US Dollar exchange rate that is favourable to U.S. visitors. There is increased seasonal demand within tourism-oriented communities such as Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region. Many employees in this occupation are itinerant due to the lack of affordable accommodations within this region. Some larger employers are offering subsidized staff accommodations to attract and retain employees over the long-term.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 2,920 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 72%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 9%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: