Job outlook Food Counter Attendant near Rimouski (QC)
Job opportunities for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) are fair near Rimouski (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a food counter attendant.
Job opportunities near Rimouski (QC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A high school diploma may be required, but is not always necessary, especially when on-the-job training is offered. However, experience in the kitchen is an undeniable asset. Employers are looking for candidates with personal skills such as speed, stress tolerance, autonomy, team spirit, drive, resourcefulness and organizational skills. The schedules are often part-time and atypical (evenings, weekends, on call).
The evolution of employment in this occupation depends on the performance of the restaurant industry and consumer preferences. If the value of the Canadian dollar remains unchanged, the industry should benefit from growth in tourism. In addition, the aging population and the increase in the number of people living alone should also have a positive contribution. However, despite the increase in household income and their discretionary spending budget, the amount spent on restaurant meals has not really increased, which is slowing employment growth in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region:
- Approximately 1,710 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 65%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 19%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 5%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: