Job prospects Food Counter Attendant near Drummondville (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations near Drummondville (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Centre-du-Québec region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
A high school diploma may be required, but is not always necessary, especially when on-the-job training is offered. However, experience in the kitchen is an undeniable asset. Employers are looking for candidates with personal skills such as speed, stress tolerance, autonomy, team spirit, drive, resourcefulness and organizational skills. The schedules are often part-time and atypical (evenings, weekends, on call).
The evolution of employment in this occupation depends on the performance of the restaurant industry and consumer preferences. If the value of the Canadian dollar remains unchanged, the industry should benefit from growth in tourism. In addition, the aging population and the increase in the number of people living alone should also have a positive contribution. However, despite the increase in household income and their discretionary spending budget, the amount spent on restaurant meals has not really increased, which is slowing employment growth in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Centre-du-Québec region:
- Approximately 2,090 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 67%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 11%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: