Job prospects Food Counter Attendant in the Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region. These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region:
- Approximately 990 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 71%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 7%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: