Job prospects Food Counter Attendant in the Calgary Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Calgary Region. These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Calgary region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 15,520 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 75%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 8%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: