Job prospects Machine Operator, Laundry And Dry Cleaning near Grande Prairie (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Dry cleaning, laundry and related occupations near Grande Prairie (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a machine operator, laundry and dry cleaning.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Large labour surplus
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2016-2018). There were far more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be fair for Dry cleaning, laundry and related occupations (NOC 6741) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Dry cleaning, laundry and related occupations in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Dry cleaning, laundry and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 56%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 26%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 14%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: