Job prospects Superintendent Of Education Programs In Public Schools in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (NOC 0422) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a superintendent of education programs in public schools.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (NOC 0422) in New Brunswick for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 850 people work in this occupation.
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education mainly work in the following sectors:
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 82% of school principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education work all year, while 18% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Fair Fair|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (NOC 0422) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: