Job outlook Produce Manager - Retail near Edmonton (AB)
Job opportunities for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) are fair near Edmonton (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a produce manager - retail.
Job opportunities near Edmonton (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The production of recreational and medical cannabis, and associated product development has created demand for this occupation. In Alberta, the cannabis industry is concentrated in the areas of Edmonton, Calgary and Lethbridge-Medicine Hat. The recent legalization of edible cannabis products may lead to new job opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale trade managers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 13,860 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale trade managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 81%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: