Job prospects Web Developer in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a Web developer.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Web designers and developers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 700 people work in this occupation.
- Web designers and developers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 57%
- Architectural, engineering and design services (NAICS 5413): 6%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 79% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 21% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 74% of web designers and developers work all year, while 26% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 26% of web designers and developers are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: