Job prospects Construction Technician - Civil Engineering near Sudbury (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Civil engineering technologists and technicians near Sudbury (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a construction technician - civil engineering.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Civil engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2231) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineering technologists and technicians in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 280 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 38%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 15%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 9%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 8%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: