Job prospects Regional Administrator, Social Services in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities for Managers in social, community and correctional services (NOC 0423) are good in Prince Edward Island over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a regional administrator, social services.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Prince Edward Island
The employment outlook will be good for Managers in social, community and correctional services (NOC 0423) in Prince Edward Island for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Managers in social, community and correctional services in the Prince Edward Island region:
- Approximately 250 people work in this occupation.
- Managers in social, community and correctional services mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 46%
- Social assistance (NAICS 624): 27%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 7%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 74% of managers in social, community and correctional services work all year, while 26% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 27 weeks for all occupations.
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Managers in social, community and correctional services (NOC 0423) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: