Job prospects Optometrist near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Optometrists" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Optometrists (NOC 3121) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Optometrists in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,520 people work in this occupation.
- Optometrists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Optometrists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: