Job prospects Pharmacist in the Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "pharmacist" was moved from the group Pharmacists (NOC 3131) to the group Pharmacists (NOC 31120).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Pharmacists" in the Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Pharmacists (NOC 3131) in the Stratford - Bruce Peninsula region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Pharmacists in the Stratford - Bruce Peninsula region:
- Approximately 130 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Pharmacists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 87%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 13%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: