Job prospects Physiotherapist near Montréal (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Physiotherapists" near Montréal (QC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Physiotherapists (NOC 3142) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- The demand for physiotherapy is driven primarily by population growth and aging and an increased public awareness of health issues and prevention.
- In an effort to improve access to primary care and support medical teams, some family medicine groups and physician offices are increasingly adding members of this profession.
- In Quebec, a Master of Science in Physical Therapy degree and membership in the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec (OPPQ) are required to practice this profession.
Here are some key facts about Physiotherapists in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 3,190 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Physiotherapists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: