Job outlook Physiotherapist near Trois-Rivières (QC)
Job opportunities for Physiotherapists (NOC 3142) are fair near Trois-Rivières (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a physiotherapist.
Job opportunities near Trois-Rivières (QC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Physiotherapists (NOC 3142) in the Mauricie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Recent graduates from fields of study related to this occupation have found it easy to find work.
In order to be designated a certified physiotherapist in Quebec, candidates must have completed a Master of Science degree in physiotherapy and be a member of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec (OPPQ). As the majority of jobs are filled by recent university graduates, the strong demand for physiotherapy services is hinting at possible recruitment challenges. There is a growing demand from public institutions and private firms for physical rehabilitation therapists, who are authorized to perform certain types of physiotherapy, including orthopedic physiotherapy.
In recent years, there has been a sharp increase in the number of physiotherapists in private practice, in nursing homes or long-term care facilities (CHSLDs), in local community services centres (CLSCs) and in hospitals. Growth in employment for physiotherapists will be driven by population aging, shorter stays in health institutions (the shift to ambulatory care) and an improvement in the survival rate of accident victims and newborns. Allocated governmental budgets will also have an effect on the demand for physiotherapists in public health care facilities.
Here are some key facts about Physiotherapists in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 360 people work in this occupation.
- Physiotherapists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 94%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 6%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Physiotherapists (NOC 3142) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: