Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in Alberta
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are good in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be good for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 2,250 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 47%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 45%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 73% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 27% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 68% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 32% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good Good|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Good Good|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Good Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: