Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in Alberta
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are good in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be good for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 2,350 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 47%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 45%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 73% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 27% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 68% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 32% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good Good|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Good Good|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Good Good|
|Red Deer Region||Good Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
- Date modified: