Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in British Columbia for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 3,050 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 56%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 40%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 67% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 33% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 66% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of medical radiation technologists are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: