Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are fair in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be fair for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 850 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 49%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 43%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 71% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 29% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 73% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 27% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: