Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are good in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be good for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in New Brunswick for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 550 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 75%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 14%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 87% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 13% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 71% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Good Good|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Good Good|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Good Good|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: