Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 350 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 76%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 21%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 75% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 25% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 42 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: