Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are good in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be good for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in Saskatchewan for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 600 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 65%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 22%
- Mining and quarrying (NAICS 212): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 80% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 20% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 67% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 33% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of medical radiation technologists are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Prince Albert Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Good Good|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Good Good|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: