Job prospects Medical Radiation Technologist in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical radiation technologist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical radiation technologists in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 850 people work in this occupation.
- Medical radiation technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 66%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 22%
- Mining and quarrying (NAICS 212): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 80% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 20% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 67% of medical radiation technologists work all year, while 33% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of medical radiation technologists are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Fair Fair|
|Prince Albert Region||Fair Fair|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Fair Fair|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Fair Fair|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: