Job prospects Licensed Dental Therapist near Saanich (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "licensed dental therapist" was moved from the group Dental hygienists and dental therapists (NOC 3222) to the group Dental hygienists and dental therapists (NOC 32111).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Dental hygienists and dental therapists" near Saanich (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Dental hygienists and dental therapists (NOC 3222) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Dental hygienists and dental therapists in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 640 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: