Job prospects Health Care Aide near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates near Kelowna (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
- An aging population is driving long-term demand for more healthcare services.
- Demand also spiked due to the COVID-19 pandemic, increasing pressure for healthcare workers.
- More workers will be required to meet demand in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 5,760 people work in this occupation.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 68%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 27%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: