Job prospects Fish Plant Worker near Truro (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Fish and seafood plant workers near Truro (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a fish plant worker.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 9463) in the North Shore region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of several positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Fish and seafood plant workers in the North Shore region:
- Approximately 80 people work in this occupation.
- Fish and seafood plant workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 91%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: