Job prospects Resistor Assembler - Electronic Equipment Manufacturing near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a resistor assembler - electronic equipment manufacturing.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers (NOC 9523) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 220 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer, electronic and electrical product manufacturing (NAICS 334-335): 50%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 10%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: