Job prospects Electrostatic Painting Machine Set-up Operator near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an electrostatic painting machine set-up operator.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be fair for Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators (NOC 9536) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,110 people work in this occupation.
- Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 26%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 14%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 13%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: