Job prospects Electrostatic Painting Machine Set-up Operator near Longueuil (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators near Longueuil (QC). These trends also apply to people working as an electrostatic painting machine set-up operator.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators (NOC 9536) in the Montérégie region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions. Part of this growth is attributable to the recovery of losses suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 710 people work in this occupation.
- Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 35%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 15%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 6%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: