Job prospects Machining Tool Operator near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Machining tool operators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a machining tool operator.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be fair for Machining tool operators (NOC 9417) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Machining tool operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,820 people work in this occupation.
- Machining tool operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 26%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 19%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 16%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: