Job outlook Data Input Clerk near Toronto (ON)
The job outlook for a data input clerk working near Toronto (ON) is limited over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Data entry clerks (NOC 1422).
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be limited for Data entry clerks (NOC 1422) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
As a financial and commercial hub, Toronto is home to many businesses that employ data entry clerks, including the headquarters of Canada's five largest banks, numerous foreign bank offices, and brokerage firms. Individuals with some business or accounting knowledge may find it easier to secure employment in this region.
Here are some key facts about Data entry clerks in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 7,710 people work in this occupation.
- Data entry clerks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 18%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 11%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 9%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: