Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Dispatchers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,650 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 45%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 13%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: