Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Dispatchers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 2,190 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 42%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: