Job prospects Woodworking Machine Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Woodworking machine operators" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Woodworking machine operators (NOC 94124) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Woodworking machine operators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 400 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Woodworking machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 31%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 25%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 10%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: