Job prospects Machine Operator, Paper Converting near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Paper converting machine operators" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Paper converting machine operators (NOC 9435) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Paper converting machine operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,620 people work in this occupation.
- Paper converting machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Paper manufacturing (NAICS 322): 71%
- Printing and related support activities (NAICS 323): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: