Job prospects Transplanter - Landscape Maintenance near Halifax (NS)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "transplanter - landscape maintenance" was moved from the group Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) to the group Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 85121).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers" near Halifax (NS) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) in the Halifax region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 760 people work in this occupation.
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55-56): 53%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 19%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: