Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager near Whitehorse (YT)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Restaurant and food service managers" near Whitehorse (YT) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 60030) in Yukon for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
As the population continues to grow rapidly in Yukon, consumer demand for accommodation and food services is expected to increase across the territory resulting in increased employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in Yukon:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72): more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 54% of restaurant and food service managers work all year, while 46% work only part of the year, compared to 65% and 35% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 44 weeks compared to 44 weeks for all occupations.
- 38% of restaurant and food service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 52% compared to 49% for all occupations
- Women: 48% compared to 51% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: n/a
- high school diploma or equivalent: n/a
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: n/a
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 28% compared to 20% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: n/a
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: n/a
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Restaurant and food service managers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: